Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fa La la la la !!!

I finally finished her dress. I started this thing in November. I had to make a pattern, test it, tweak it, then do a practice run at it so I would ruin the pretty fabric. The fabric by the way is burgundy taffeta originally meant for curtains or home decor, but I don’t follow the rules on stuff like that. It was on sale for $5.50 a yard and I only needed one yard. I used gold satin ribbon for the trim and I sewed in an invisible zipper in the back, but I wont be showing you all that because I totally did a bad job. Whipstitch has an awesome tute on how to do one. For the most part I like how it turned out and please pay no attention to the bottom of my tree. I have no tree skirt and the kid’s mess with the bottom, so I covered it up in hoping they would leave it alone.